All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'There are 3,000 drugged-up psychopaths, armed to the teeth with blades, shooters and bombs. That's the only way I can describe Yare. It's a murderous viper's nest of assassins, cut throats and killers'. When James Miles and his best friend Paul Loseby were caught smuggling ten kilos of cocaine out of Caracas, Venezuela, they couldn't deny their guilt. Young and naive, the lads had thought the one-off drug mule job would be a passport to a better life. But in reality it was a ticket to hell ...They were sentenced to thirty years and flung into the world's deadliest prison system, ending up in the torious Yare. A place where drugs and weaponry are currency and the rules are: there are rules. This is the gripping true-life story of how two men endured untold savagery in the most appalling conditions. It's about what it's like to witness murder and rape every day, fearing you'll be next. How it feels to join a dangerous Lati gang and eat dead rats in order to survive. And, what you do when you're at the centre of a riot between thousands of men with machine guns. As seen on Channel 5's Banged Up Abroad , this is the most shocking prison story ever told and an inspiring account of human endurance.
- Author BiographyJames Miles and Paul Loseby were born and raised in Leicester, where they continue to live until this day.
- Author(s)James Miles,Paul Loseby
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication16/02/2012
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Weight231 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.