All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionIn the colorful tradition of Orwell and Hemingway, Maugham and Theroux, Jerry Hopkins recalls his first decade as a Bangkok expatriate by profiling twenty-five of the city's most unforgettable characters. Among them are the man thought to be the model for Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now , an advertising executive who photographs Thai bargirls for Playboy , an Oscar-winning screenwriter who moved there to die, a Catholic priest who has lived and worked in the Bangkok slums for 35 years, a circus dwarf turned computer programmer turned restaurateur...All of them 'escaped' to Thailand to re-invent themselves and live out their fantasies in one of the world's most torious cities.
- Author BiographyJerry Hopkins has published best-selling biographies of Elvis Presley, Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix and was an editor and correspondent for Rolling Stone for 20 years.
- Author(s)Jerry Hopkins
- PublisherPeriplus Editions
- Date of Publication04/08/2009
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeriplus Editions
- Weight218 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.