All listings for this product
About this product
- Description1314. On a marsh-fringed plain south of Stirling Castle, King Robert the Bruce led the Scottish army in a singularly devastating victory over the English. Banckburn was Scotland's greatest battlefield triumph, achieved against the odds by a combination of brilliant tactical leadership and the fatal overconfidence of the English King, Edward II. On the 700th anniversary of the battle, Peter Reese's definitive history shines a spotlight on this pivotal moment in Scottish History and considers the wider implications of this momentous victory.
- Author BiographyNow retired after a 29-year career in the army, Peter Reese is a leading military historian and writer. His abiding love for Scotland ensure frequent visits north from his home in Surrey.
- Author(s)Peter Reese
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight177 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition StatementRe-issue
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.