All listings for this product
About this product
- Description1314. On a marsh-fringed plain south of Stirling Castle, King Robert the Bruce led the Scottish army in a singularly devastating victory over the English. Banckburn was Scotland's greatest battlefield triumph, achieved against the odds by a combination of brilliant tactical leadership and the fatal overconfidence of the English King, Edward II. On the 700th anniversary of the battle, Peter Reese's definitive history shines a spotlight on this pivotal moment in Scottish History and considers the wider implications of this momentous victory.
- Author BiographyNow retired after a 29-year career in the army, Peter Reese is a leading military historian and writer. His abiding love for Scotland ensure frequent visits north from his home in Surrey.
- Author(s)Peter Reese
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight177 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition StatementRe-issue
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.