All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.39Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
About this product
- DescriptionThat summer lasted so long. The summer after Father killed himself. Hot, my God. We thought it would never end. Gerry and Clara, brother and sister, live in seclusion in a once splendid house on a river in southwest Florida. As a tropical disturbance in the Gulf of Mexico builds to hurricane force, Clara grows increasingly distressed over the bewildering emotions that accompany her confused memories of the dreaming time, and over her strange visions of houses she has never been in. Are the memories and visions only dreams, or are they the only reality, dimly remembered and tragically misinterpreted? Like the statue of Lorelei in her overgrown garden, a celestial being held captive by jungle vines, soft as sculpted moonlight, her dreaming face aglow under deep sea green, Clara's essence is captive to forces too illusive for her to grasp. Yet it is from her complex interplay of memory and illusion that the unspeakable and heartbreaking crime committed in this house finally emerges.
- Author BiographyCynthia is a freelance writer, principally of narrative histories, a novelist, screenplay and award-winning children's storybook writer living on an island in Florida, just across the big, beautiful river that flows through BANYAN.
- Author(s)Cynthia A Williams,MS Cynthia a Williams
- Date of Publication11/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.