All listings for this product
Save on Cook Books
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.53
- AU $39.43Trending at AU $41.56
- AU $37.35Trending at AU $39.60
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $27.01
- AU $5.75Trending at AU $10.01
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $34.80
About this product
- DescriptionAs the world has become smaller our dinning habits have changed. With new fusion cuisines and a variety ideas for decor and design being incorporated everywhere, Riko Yamawaki's Banzai Banquets is a good example of Japan's take on this exciting global movement in dining. Ask anyone about catering and party meals, and they will all say they wish to see dishes that are easy to make and equally easy on the eyes. For the best experiences, they also hope for a few surprises to their senses, as even little dishes and stylish decorative designs can turn a good into great. So for even the most busy of times, food coordinator Riko Yamawaki, of Tokyo's Riko's Kitchen cooking school, has compiled a treasure-trove of casually stylish dishes that will make every meal a memorable event and every party into a bash! By using simple sense and an eye for design, you an make menus that will have people calling for these 105 recipes. Chapters: Nouveau Japoinese Dishes - Poached Eggs and Avo-Veggie Salad - Anchovy and Pine Nut Pasta - Japanese Egg-Salad Sandwiches with Walnut-Tofu Mousse - Meat Miso Lettuce WrapsDishes from Traditional Japanese Ryotei - Grilled Sea Bream - Baked Apples in Pork Belly - Herbed Saury on a bed of Rice - Beef Marrow with Japanese Fruit Appealing Appetizers - Rum-raisin Pork - Goya-Burgers - Yellow-tail Meatball Soup - Blanched Cucumber and Celery Salad Coordinate for the Scene and Season - Summer Picnics - The Japanese Inn Dinner - A Casual Christmas - First Impressions
- Author BiographyAfter studying and cooking in New York City, Riko Yamawaki takes an American perspective to Japan to reinvent the way people look at Asian catering and party meals.Riko Yamawagi is a Tokyo based food coordinator and culinary instructor. Born and raised to a traditional Japanese inn (ryokan) family, Riko has always been aware of how the seasons and local fresh ingredients are critical to dining. She further cemented those ideals when she began studying French cuisine under 3-Star Michelin chef Alain Ducasse. While Riko still considers her mother to be her true cooking mentor, Riko has taken inspiration from a variety of cuisines from across the globe. In 2007 she spent a year in New York taking in the culture of food in America, before returning to Japan to open her cooking school in Tokyo's fashion trendy Daikanyama district and releasing her first book through the iBookstore, Meals Tokyo@Summer.
- Author(s)Riko Yamawagi
- PublisherVertical Inc.
- Date of Publication15/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEntertainment & Etiquette
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintVertical Inc.
- Weight222 g
- Width183 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.