Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionBar Hoping Through America Tells All 1.) Why the tavern, pub, bar or nightclub have been a part of American culture from the very beginning, almost 400 years. 2.) Why the wonderful old neighborhood bar is slowly disappearing; why a replacement is beginning to appear on the scene. 3.) Why Prohibition speakeasies resulted in the origination of organized crime in America. 4.) Why the once glorious Saloon Period, 1870-1900, ended and has never returned. 5.) List of over 40 bars that are worth visiting and why. 6.) What makes a bar a great bar! 8.) America's largest bar, oldest tavern, swankiest club; and the one that serves more alcohol than anywhere else in the world. 9.) Taverns that played key roles in the founding of the U.S. Marine Corps, drafting the Declaration of Independence, building the Erie Canal. 10.) Why coffee house with I-pods, cell phones, and laptops will never replace the neighborhood bar. 11.) The unusual drinking habits of George Washington, Franklin Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, Harry Truman and many more famous personalities.
- Author(s)Terry W Lyons
- PublisherLa Maison Publishing, Inc.
- Date of Publication16/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLa Maison Publishing, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.