Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $74.00
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.16
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.09
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.88
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionBAR SNATCH ....William Williamson Forty eight poems comprising snippets of conversation, observations, thoughts, the life you find in bars, saloons, cafes, cocktail lounges where people go and expose themselves to each other over beer, wine and liquor. There is thing new here except the clarity of Williamson's words defining what he sees and feels while trying to predict the outcome. They are naked honest reflections staring back from the mirrors in the bar. All patrons bringing their charms and weapons to the stool are targets. There is quiet surrender in Williamson's world. There is only hope, ather beer and words. When eugh has been said, the bartender yells last call; the clock says it's time to go and you leave for where ever the night takes you. Williamson's poems are imbibed with energy, raw emotionally and shaved of tradition. Some poems are graphic. Some may shock the reader. Some may anger the reader. And yet, some may make the reader see him or herself and smile. William Williamson's poetry is t bound by society's requisitions or preconceptions. His poems are clean, stark and direct.
- Author BiographyWilliam Williamson is the author of SOME CAME FIRST, the recently published first novel of his Florida Keys trilogy. The second, sequel novel, SOME CAME AFTER has a publication date for early next year. His short stories have been previously published in three Key West anthologies, Once Upon an Island, Beyond Paradise and Mango Summers featuring new Key West authors. Those books are available at bookstores in the Keys and online at Barnes & Noble and Amazon. He is also the author of a collection of short stories titled, Jack, Beans and Muffins and fifteen books of poetry. Bar Snatch, Tonight We're Serving Insanity for Supper, A Mere Miscellany of Midnight Madrigals, Millennium Maladies, Sixty Nine Poems on a Sundog Day, A Killing Frost Falls Down Tonight, A Madness is Within Reach Inside of All of Us, A Murmur Escaped from her Lips as his Hands Traced her Hips, Accept No Presents and Give No Pardons a Poet's on his Own, At Odds with the Flavor of the Union, First and Last Impressions from the Lost and Found, Forgotten Notes from Nights of Ill-gotten Grandeur, Last Night of the Orphan Poems, Redundant Ruminations of a Hand Well Stroked, You'll be my Monkey and I'll be the Proudest Palm Tree You ever Seen, To read more of William's work, visit WILLIAMWILLIAMSON.com and POETSCRIB.com William Williamson was born and raised in the Florida Keys where his family has lived for over a hundred and fifty years. Though proud of his Conch heritage, William currently resides in St. Augustine, Florida. Between writing fiction and poetry, working on completing revisions to SOME CAME NAKED, the third novel of his Florida Keys trilogy, following SOME CAME FIRST and SOME CAME AFTER, William, enjoys time with his son, Brandon, taking care of his botanical garden and koi ponds while raising two green iguanas with his adorable wife, Cocos.
- Author(s)William Williamson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.