CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.16Trending at AU $14.05
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $15.03
About this product
- DescriptionBarchester Towers, Trollope's most popular novel, is the second of the six Chronicles of Barsetshire. The Chronicles follow the intrigues of ambition and love in the cathedral town of Barchester. In this novel Trollope continues the story, begun in The Warden, of Mr Harding and his daughter Eleanor, introducing that oily symbol of progress Mr Slope, the hen-pecked Dr Proudie, and the amiable Stanhope family.
- Author BiographyJohn Sutherland is Lord Northcliffe Professor of Modern English Literature at University College London. He is the editor of numerous works in World's Classics and is Associate Editor of the Oxford Popular Fiction series. Sutherland's latest book, Is Heathcliff a Murderer?, in which he investigates 34 puzzles in nineteenth-century fiction, is to be published in World's Classics in April 1996.
- Author(s)Anthony Trollope
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication09/10/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date30/08/2016
- Content Noteline illustrations, map
- Weight463 g
- Width129 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byFrederick Page,Michael Sadleir
- Illustrator(s)Edward Ardizzone
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.