Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $183.03
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $37.28
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.37
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.71
About this product
- DescriptionA hardworking duck is rescued from life with a lazy old farmer in this classic tale of justice from acclaimed Irish writer Martin Waddell. A perfect introduction to the Irish language for young children! There once was a duck who had the bad luck to live with a lazy farmer. While the poor duck works and works, through rain and hail, the farmer lazes about ...barking out commands from his bed. But, one day, the other animals decide to take action! It's time to stand up to that lazy farmer! This story of heroism and comradeship, with illustrations that are as stunningly beautiful and powerful as they are truly funny, make this new Irish edition a book to be read again and again ...and again!
- Author BiographyMartin Waddell is a master storyteller for children and has over 220 published titles to his name, selling in excess of 20 million copies around the world. His picture books have sold over 18 million copies with Can't You Sleep, Little Bear? and Farmer Duck both winning the Smarties award. He was also the winner of the prestigious Hans Christian Andersen award in 2004. He lives in Newcastle, Co. Down. Gabriel Rosenstock is an Irish writer. A member of Aosdana, he is a poet, haikuist and translator. Born in Kilfinane, County Limerick, he currently resides in Dublin. gabrielrosenstock.com Helen Oxenbury is among the most popular and critically acclaimed illustrators of her time. Her numerous books for children include Smarties Book Prize-winning Farmer Duck by Martin Waddell; We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen; as well as her classic board books for babies. She won the Kate Greenaway Medal for Alice in Wonderland. Her most recent picture book was the critically acclaimed There's Going to Be a Baby. Helen lives in London, NW3.
- Author(s)Martin Waddell
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication05/09/2013
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitleWalker Eireann
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight223 g
- Width230 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Helen Oxenbury
- Translated byGabriel Rosenstock
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.