All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.67
About this product
- DescriptionIn each of these seven vignettes, someone dies and has to make their way through the Tibetan afterlife, also kwn as the Bardo. In the Bardo, souls wander for forty-nine days before being reborn, helped along on their journey by the teachings of the Book of the Dead. Unfortunately, Volodine's characters bungle their chances at enlightenment, with the recently dead choosing to waste away their afterlife sleeping, crying in empty bars or choosing to be reborn as an insignificant spider. And the still-living aren't much better off, making a mess of things too.
- Author BiographyAntoine Volodine is the primary pseudonym of a French writer who has published 20 books under this name, several of which are available in English translation. He also publishes under the names Lutz Bassmann and Manuela Draeger. J. T. Mahany is a graduate of the masters program in literary translation studies at the University of Rochester. He is currently translating several books by the enigmatic and intriguing French author Antoine Volodine while studying for his MFA at the University of Arkansas.
- Author(s)Antoine Volodine
- PublisherOpen Letter
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationRochester, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Letter
- Weight235 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byJ.T. Mahany
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.