All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe design of a coin is an act of succinct aggrandisement. Bare George explores the coinage of power through a far more famous numismatic image: created in 1817 for King George III and his son, the Prince Regent, by celebrity gem designer Benedetto Pistrucci (1784-1855), it pictures a saint, young St. George, lancing a dragon. He is undressed. Any Greek warrior of artistic relevance to the nineteenth century would be. The dragon is submitting, as the opposition needs to be shown to do.
- Author BiographyClaire Crowther has published three full-length collections with Shearsman. All attracted wide attention, and the first, Stretch of Closures, was shortlisted for the Aldeburgh first-collection prize. She was poet-inresidence at the Royal Mint Museum for 2014-15 and lives in Somerset with her husband, physicist Keith Barnham.
- Author(s)Claire Crowther
- PublisherShearsman Books
- Date of Publication10/06/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShearsman Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight48 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.