All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe increasing prevalence of obesity in many countries means that it should w be considered a pandemic. It is widely recognized that obesity increases the risk of a variety of life-threatening conditions, including heart disease, diabetes, and hypertension. Bariatric surgery is often the most effective way to treat such morbid obesity. Nevertheless, while various bariatric procedures have been proposed, to date standards have been lacking. In this book, leading experts from around the world discuss all aspects of bariatric surgery and present their own favored versions of surgical procedures with the aid of informative illustrations. Technical nuances are carefully described, and detailed attention is devoted to potential complications and how to avoid them. The expertise of the authors and the range of techniques considered guarantee that both trainees in bariatric surgery and experienced surgeons will find this book to be an invaluable source of information and guidance in their daily work.
- Author BiographyDr. Korenkov is Associate Professor and Chief Surgeon at the Teaching Hospital Eschwege, University of Goettingen, Germany.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication03/01/2012
- LanguageEnglish & Arabic
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight748 g
- Width193 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMichael Korenkov
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.