CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.48Trending at AU $32.23
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.26
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.69
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.32
- AU $12.88Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.47
About this product
- DescriptionBARRY & THE BIMBO is an original romantic/action/comedy screenplay by Michael B. Druxman. Barry is a young, somewhat naive, aspiring screenwriter, who has got the hots for Dawn. She's the cute blonde who lives upstairs and who runs around with a nasty guy involved in the local rackets. When the mob hits Dawn's fella, she and Barry become the cops' chief suspects. Then, when they're kidnapped out of a police car by some hoods and both officers are killed, the unlikely couple find themselves on the run...with the law, the mob and an important politician on their tail. It seems that everybody thinks that Dawn has her dead boy friend's secret diary, a little journal can put a lot of people into jail. Events reach a spectacular climax near the historic town of Angels Camp, with the lead heavy pursuing Barry and Dawn in a roller coaster chase on rafts down the American River.
- Author BiographyMichael B. Druxman is a veteran Hollywood screenwriter whose credits include CHEYENNE WARRIOR with Kelly Preston; DILLINGER AND CAPONE starring Martin Sheen and F. Murray Abraham; and THE DOORWAY with Roy Scheider, which he also directed. He is also a prolific playwright, his one-person play, JOLSON, having had numerous productions around the country. Other produced stage credits include one-person plays about Clark Gable, Carole Lombard, Spencer Tracy and Orson Welles. These and plays about Errol Flynn and Clara Bow have been individually published under the collective title of THE HOLLYWOOD LEGENDS. Mr. Druxman is the author of 15 other published books, including several nonfiction works about Hollywood, its movies, and the people who make them (e.g. BASIL RATHBONE: His Life and His Films, MAKE IT AGAIN, SAM: A Survey of Movie Remakes, THE MUSICAL: From Broadway to Hollywood, etc.). He has written two novels, NOBODY DROWNS IN MINERAL LAKE and SHADOW WATCHER, a book of short stories, entitled DRACULA MEETS JACK THE RIPPER & Other Revisionist Histories, plus the humorous revisionist history, ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD: From the Secret Files of Harry Pennypacker, and FAMILY SECRET, a non-fiction book co-authored with Warren Hull, which reveals the true facts behind the 1947 murder of mobster Bugsy Siegel in Beverly Hills. An acknowledged Hollywood historian, he has also written television documentaries and has been interviewed for various retrospective featurettes that have accompanied DVD releases of classic films (e.g. THE MALTESE FALCON, etc.) Mr. Druxman is a former Hollywood publicist of 35 years experience who has represented many film and television stars, as well as noted directors, producers and composers. One of his Academy Award campaigns is often mentioned in books dealing with Oscar's history. He has taught various dramatic writing and film appreciation courses in an adult university and is the author of THE ART OF STORYTELLING, which has been used as a text in several colleges. He is often invited to speak to groups of aspiring film and television professionals to discuss screenwriting and the realities of show business. A native of Seattle who graduated from Garfield High School and the University of Washington, Mr. Druxman moved with his wife, Sandy, from Los Angeles to Austin, TX in 2009. His memoir, MY FORTY-FIVE YEARS IN HOLLYWOOD AND HOW I ESCAPED ALIVE, is published by Bear Manor Media.
- Author(s)Michael B Druxman
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.