All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRobin Barry's Construction of Buildings was first published in 1958 in 5 volumes, rapidly becoming a standard text on construction. In its current 2 volume format Barry remains hugely popular with both students and lecturers of construction and related disciplines. The third edition of Barry's Advanced Construction of Buildings expands and deepens your understanding of construction techlogy. It covers the construction of larger-scale buildings (primarily residential, commercial and industrial) constructed with load bearing frames, supported by chapters on fit-out and second fix, lifts and escalators, off-site construction and a new chapter on building obsolescence and revitalisation. Functional and performance requirements of the main building elements are emphasised throughout, as is building efficiency and meeting the challenges of limiting the environmental impact of buildings. You will find the text fully up to date with the latest building regulations and construction techlogies. The new edition, with supporting material at www.wiley.com/go/barrysintroduction, is an ideal information source for developing a wider and deeper understanding of construction techlogy.
- Author BiographyStephen EmmittBA(Hons), Dip. Arch, MA (Prof. Ed.), PhD isProfessor of Architectural Practice in the Department ofArchitecture and Civil Engineering at the University of Bath, andVisiting Professor in Innovation Sciences at Halmstad University,Sweden. He is a registered architect with industrial experience andteaches architectural technology and architectural detailing acrossa wide range of built environment programmes in the UK, Europe andAsia. Christopher A. Gorse BSc (Hons), MSc. PhD, MCIOB, MAPM, FLTM,Cert. Ed, Dip (Ed.), Dip (H&S) is Professor of Constructionand Project Management, Director of the Leeds SustainabilityInstitute and Head of the Centre for the Built Environment at LeedsMetropolitan University. He leads projects in the areas ofsustainability, low carbon and building performance and has aninterest in domestic new build, commercial buildings andrefurbishment.
- Author(s)Christopher A. Gorse,Stephen Emmitt
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight1008 g
- Width171 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $33.17Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.