All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionMany are aware that baseball's European ancestry stretches back centuries, but few realize just how extensive the modern game's history is on the Continent and British Isles. Baseball as we recognize it has been played there since the 1870s, and in several countries the players and devoted followers have included royalty, Hall of Famers from the U.S. major leagues, and captains of industry.Organized by country, this heavily researched book delves into the history of baseball in 40 nations, describing t only the efforts to spread the game but also the culture of baseball unique to Europe. The appendices cover topics from major leaguers who have played in European domestic leagues to a glossary of baseball terms in seven European languages.
- Author BiographyJosh Chetwynd is an award winning journalist who has been a staff reporter for USA Today and U.S. News & World Report. A former professional baseball player in the United States and Europe, Chetwynd is co-host of MLB on Five, a UK-based television program providing coverage of major league baseball. He co-authored British Baseball and the West Ham Club: History of a 1930s Professional Team in East London (McFarland, 2007).
- Author(s)Josh Chetwynd
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2008
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notephotos, illustrations, notes, bibliography, index
- Weight476 g
- Width150 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.