Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionAllen I. Laskin Biosciences Research Exxon Research and Engineering Company Linden, New Jersey I was contacted in the Fall of 1981 by Professors Martin Dworkin and Palmer Rogers, of the University of Minnesota and asked to participate in the orgnization of the 1983 conference in the series, Interface Between Biology and Medicine . They and the other members of the advisory committee had the vision to realize that this was a time to depart somewhat from the traditional theme, since one of the major areas of interest in the biological and related sciences these days is that of biotechlogy in a broader sense than its impact on medicine alone. In designing the format of the Conference, we considered ather factor. There has been a plethora of conferences, symposia, and meetings on biotechlogy over the past few years, and the faces and topics have become rather familiar. There has been a strong emphasis on the development of the techlogy and the biotechlogy industry ; less attention has been paid to the science behind it. One might get the impression from some of these meetings and from the popular press that biotechlogy has just recently sprung up, apparently full blown; the very fundamental scientific discoveries and the great body of 1 ALLEN I. LASKIN 2 continuing research that forms that basis for the techlogy is often obscured.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/04/2012
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleBasic Life Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number25
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1112 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAlexander Hollaender
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1983
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.