All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionDon't throw them out-repair them! This practical manual shows you how to preserve cloth-bound library books. Schechter gives detailed instructions for the cleaning and mending of paper, book hinge repair, case and textblock reattachment, cloth rebacking, and retitling. He describes procedures chrologically and illustrates them with black-and-white photographs. Supply lists are provided with each procedure and a bibliography of supporting literature is also included. These simple-to-learn steps are geared primarily to nvaluable material and can be used as easily by nprofessionals as professionals. The book can be used as a repair manual in libraries or as a training tool.
- Author BiographyABRAHAM A. SCHECHTER, a professional archivist and conservator, is an instructor specializing in photographic archives and book repair in Portland, Maine.
- Author(s)Abraham A. Schechter
- Date of Publication01/02/1999
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Series TitleTeacher Ideas Press
- Place of PublicationEnglewood
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibraries Unlimited Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight338 g
- Width216 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.