All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Basic Freud, ted psychologist Michael Kahn shows that even in the age of psychopharmaceuticals and cognitive therapy, Freud's major insights into the unconscious remain unsurpassed tools for understanding our behaviours, motivations, and emotions. Kahn presents key ideas such as the Oedipus complex, the repetition compulsion, guilt, anxiety, and defence mechanisms, along with recent research that has supported or expanded Freud's findings. Kahn also presents real case studies from his own work as a psychotherapist to show how Freudian thought has been instrumental in helping his clients discover who they are and escape from destructive patterns. Lay readers and professional psychotherapists alike will benefit from Kahn's fresh, informed, and unpretentious approach.
- Author BiographyMichael Kahn, Ph.D., is Professor Emeritus at the University of California, Santa Cruz, and a clinical psychologist in private practice. He is also director of a counseling centre at the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco, where he trains psychotherapists. He is the author of The Tao of Conversation and Between Therapist and Client. He lives in Mill Valley, California.
- Author(s)Michael Kahn
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication27/11/2002
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Books
- Weight240 g
- Width137 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.