All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBasic Guide to Dental Instruments provides a working inventory of dental instrumentation in common use in dental surgeries. A clear photograph of each instrument is included, and described according to name, usage, any relevant features and varieties. Each section is dedicated to a specific discipline or division of dentistry. Complete set-ups have been included at the end of most sections for various procedures. The coverage reflects instrumentation and accessory items used in general dental practice, routine hospital dental procedures and selected specialist settings. The author adopts a flexible approach which recognises that some instruments are multi-functional, and their names and usage can vary across dental surgeries. This approach, coupled with the range of instruments covered, makes the book an ideal 'portable' resource across general practice, hospital and a range of specialist settings. The book also highlights instruments which can be easily confused. In addition to detailing the classic sets of dental instruments, the importance of instrument care and sterilisation regimes is ackwledged. This second edition contains an expanded chapter on instruments used in conjunction with dental implants, and illustrations have been updated throughout. FEATURES * Best-selling title * Brand new chapter on instruments used in dental implantology * Expanded chapter on dental burs * Illustrations revised throughout
- Author BiographyCarmen Scheller-Sheridan is a Lecturer in Dental Nursing at the Dublin Dental University Hospital, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland. She is responsible for nursing educationand is author of Basic Guide to Dental Materials.
- Author(s)Carmen Scheller-Sheridan
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication07/10/2011
- SubjectDentistry & Dental Nursing
- Series TitleBasic Guide Dentistry Series
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight480 g
- Width154 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- dbear1505 Feb, 2013by
Recommended Text for Dental Assistants/Nurses
Recommended study text, it's good. I love the addition of the new chapter as it serves to enhance the overall conceptualisation of dental nursing/assisting.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.