All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with all aspects of the lathe covering the selection of a machine and its construction, including modern types of machine as well the more traditional models. All aspects of tooling, both traditional and modern are covered in depth, as are all machining operations including general machining, taper turning, threading and boring. The author pays particular attention to modern applications such as the conversion of power supplies from single to three-phase and the use of digital equipment to improve efficiency. It is suitable for use by the beginner with kwledge at all of lathe work and to those who are more advanced and wish to improve their skills.
- Author BiographyStan Bray is a model engineer of long standing and author of a number of books on model engineering and associated subjects. He was founder and editor of the magazine Model Engineer's Workshop, former editor of Engineering in Miniature, associate editor of Model Engineer and editor of several other magazine of related subjects.
- Author(s)Stan Bray
- PublisherSpecial Interest Model Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Series TitleWorkshop Practice
- Series Part/Volume Number45
- Place of PublicationHemel Hempstead
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpecial Interest Model Books
- Content Note198 black and white photographs; 32 scale plans & line drawings; 2 tables of data
- Weight249 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
Most relevant reviews
- mike3220_006 Dec, 2014by
Great book with easy to use instructions and suggestions. Written with the home machinist in mind in language that is concise and understandable. I have a lot more knowledge of my lathe, what I can do with it and how to do it.
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.