All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses in detail the basic algorithms of video compression that are widely used in modern video codec. The authors dissect complicated specifications and present material in a way that gets readers quickly up to speed by describing video compression algorithms succinctly, without going to the mathematical details and technical specifications. For accelerated learning, hybrid codec structure, inter- and intra- prediction techniques in MPEG-4, H.264/AVC, and HEVC are discussed together. In addition, the latest research in the fast encoder design for the HEVC and H.264/AVC is also included.
- Author BiographyProfessor Byung-Gyu Kim received his BS degree from Pusan National University, Korea, in 1996 and an MS degree from Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology(KAIST) in 1998. In 2004, he received a Ph.D. degree in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST). In March 2004, he joined in the real-time multimedia research team at the Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI), Korea where he was a senior researcher. In February 2009, he joined the Department of Computer Engineering at SunMoon University, Korea where he is currently a professor. He is also serving as Associate Editor of Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing Journal, Journal of Real-Time Image Processing, Journal of Supercomputing, and other international journals. He has published over 115 international journal and conference papers, patents in his field. His research interests include image and video object segmentation for the content-based image coding, video coding techniques, wireless multimedia sensor network, embedded multimedia communication, and intelligent information system for image signal processing. Dr. Kalyan Goswami received his B.Tech degree from Kalyani University, India in 2004. From 2004 to 2007 he worked at Cognizant Technology Solutions India Pvt. Ltd., as a programmer analyst. He received a MS degree from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, India in 2011 and a Ph.D degree from the Department of Computer Engineering from Sunmoon University, South Korea in 2015. He has published 19 international journal and conference papers in his field. His research interests include video processing, video coding techniques, High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), object detection and tracking for video sequences.
- Author(s)Byung-Gyu Kim
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication21/06/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 43 colour illustrations, 50 colour tables, biography
- Weight156 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.