All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe eighth edition of Basic Weight Training for Men and Women includes many features that make this text the best and most comprehensive beginning weight training book on the market. Each chapter presents the most important and up-to date weight training exercises with free weights and on the most popular exercise machines found in schools and health clubs in the United States. Nutrition information, workout schedules, proper techniques, and research articles debunking fitness myths fill Basic Weight Training for Men and Women, 8th edition . The text also includes a discussion of functional training exercises and stresses the concept that the key to building strength and power is to train movements rather than specific muscles.
- Author BiographyThomas D. Fahey, Ed.D., is professor of Kinesiology at California State University, Chico, where he teaches Exercise Physiology and Principles of Strength and Conditioning . He also volunteers as an assistant coach with the track and field team. He received his doctorate from the University of California, Berkeley. Dr. Fahey has written college textbooks and trade books on exercise physiology, wellness, athletic training, weight training, personal training, golf, and ergogenic aids. He has also written hundreds of articles for scholarly journals and popular magazines. He is a contributing editor and writes monthly research columns for Muscular Development, Fitness RX for Women and Fitness RX for Men magazines. His interests include travel, skiing, golf, tennis, weight training, hiking, and discus throwing. Dr. Fahey is a world-class masters discus thrower and was an All-American discus thrower in college. He won eleven straight US National Masters Championships, five medals at the World Masters Championships (including world champion in 2003), and three gold medals in the World Masters Games. He is a former competitor in powerlifting, highland games, alpine skiing, and tennis.
- Author(s)Thomas D. Fahey
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication29/02/2012
- SubjectSports Studies & PE: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleB&B Physical Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight399 g
- Width185 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.70
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.87
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.83
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.