All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionBasics Illustration: Text and Image explores the fundamental purpose of illustration: the interpretation of words into pictures and the interplay of text and images as two forms of visual representation. The book looks at different methods of interpreting text and and using the two elements together. The basic principles of graphic communication are introduced through case studies and examples in which the relationships between illustration and text are analysed and explored. It features a wide range of work demonstrating diverse visual languages, ideas, techniques and skills.
- Author BiographyMark 'Wigan' Williams is one of Britain's foremost graphic artists, an influential academic and a writer. Since 1998, Wigan has lectured in Graphic Design and Illustration throughout the UK, including courses in Hull, Derby, Coventry and Central Saint Martins College, London. Between 2002 and 2006 he was course director on the BA Illustration and MA Illustration courses at Camberwell College of Arts, London. From 2007, he has become the Programme Leader of the BA Graphic Design course at the University of Salford's School of Art and Design. Wigan is also co-founder and director of House of Ear - Experimental Art Research, a gallery/studio and project space in Manchester, UK. He continues to paint, self-publish books of his drawings, print limited-edition silkscreen prints and T-shirts, and exhibit in galleries and venues worldwide.
- Author(s)Mark 'Wigan' Williams
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleBasics Illustration
- Series Part/Volume Number03
- Place of PublicationLausanne
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintAVA Publishing SA
- Content Note175 colour illustrations
- Weight520 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.