Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $184.23+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionWith the availability of software programs, such as LISREL, EQS, and AMOS, modelling (SEM) techniques have become a popular tool for formalized presentation of the hypothesized relationships underlying correlational research and test for the plausibility of the hypothesizing for a particular data set. However, the popularity of these techniques has often led to misunderstandings of them and even their misuse, particularly by students exposed to them for the first time. Through the use of careful narrative explanation, Maruyama's text describes the logic underlying SEM approaches, describes how SEM approaches relate to techniques like regression and factor analysis, analyzes the strengths and shortcomings of SEM as compared to alternative methodologies, and explores the various methodologies for analyzing structural equation data. In addition, Maruyama provides carefully constructed exercises both within and at the end of chapters.
- Author BiographyMy interest in what happens in diverse urban schools began when I became involved in a study of school desegregation while in graduate school. Those interests have led me to study a range of issues in schools, including school schedules and structures, teaching approaches such as cooperative learning and conflict resolution, social influence processes, and student background characteristics including poverty, type of housing, language, ability, and race/ethnicity. This work has been facilitated by time I spent in the Saint Paul Public Schools as their director of research, evaluation and assessment. Recently, my work has moved beyond schools to look more broadly at how universities engage urban communities to build partnerships addressing key social issues. I have complemented my substantive interests with methodology interests in structural equation methods and program evaluation. Finally, I have held administrative roles that have enriched and informed my research interests, including director of the Center for Applied Research and Educational Improvement (CAREI), assistant/associate vice president for multicultural and academic affairs, and now vice president for system academic administration . I am a past-president of the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI), and currently edit one of their journals, Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy.
- Author(s)Geoffrey M. Maruyama
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication30/10/1997
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight483 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.