All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the Stone Age to the exciting era of post-war architectural experimentation, Basildon is a town brimming with exciting historical gems just waiting to be explored. Beorhtel's Dun, as Basildon was originally called, got its name from a Saxon man who owned the hilly country to the rth of Holy Cross church. While agriculture was the town's main industry for many centuries, the invention of the railway and two world wars soon changed all that. During the post-war building boom, Basildon was earmarked for a makeover as a New Town, and the Basildon we see today came to be. From old town to new, Basildon has undergone some incredible changes over the last century. Basildon Through Time explores the town's history and recent transformation, drawing on the Basildon Borough Heritage Group's extensive collection of images.
- Author BiographyLisa Horner was a researcher for the Basildon Heritage Trail and Frances Clamp's Basildon, Our Heritage. She has a degree in Art & Design Practice (BA Hons) and wrote her dissertation on how storytelling has evolved from its oral tradition through myth and ritual, theatre, ballad to the media of today.
- Author(s)Lisa Horner
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication13/11/2014
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.