All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionIn the early 1980s, Mary Hall grew up in poverty in Camden, New Jersey, with her older brother Jacob and parents who, in her words, were great at making babies, but t so great at holding on to them . After her father leaves the family, she is raised among a commune of mothers in a low-income housing complex. Then Mary's mother sends her away to live with her maternal grandparents who have also been raising her younger sister, Rebecca. When Mary is legally adopted by her grandparents, the result is a family story like other. Mary gets a new name and a new life but she's haunted by the past. Mary is a student when her sisters start to get back in touch. With each subsequent reunion, her family becomes closer to being whole again.
- Author BiographyMary Anna King was born in southern New Jersey and grew up in Oklahoma City. After studying English literature at Colgate University, she moved to Los Angeles, where she lives and writes.
- Author(s)Mary Anna King
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication05/08/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight220 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.