All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.55Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $55.57Trending at AU $56.64
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.72Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.24
About this product
- Description* The extra-sized final volume collecting Neal Adams's acclaimed covers and stories featuring the Dark Knight! This volume includes material from Batman #232, #234, #237, #243-245 and #251, featuring Two-Face, the Joker, and more members of Batman's famed Rogues Gallery. Plus, two never-before-reprinted stories done for Peter Pan records and a sketchbook section showcasing Adams' advertising and custom comics work with the Caped Crusader.
- Author BiographyConsidered the groundbreaking artist of the 1960s, Neal Adams was born June 6, 1941 in New York City. He attended Manhattan's High School of Industrial Art and, while still a student, found work ghosting the Bat Masterson syndicated newspaper strip and drawing gag cartoons for Archie Comics. Neal received his own comic strip, based on the popular TV series Ben Casey, in 1962. The strip ran until 1965 at which time Neal made the move to comics for Warren Publishing and DC Comics. Neal's realistic style on such strips as DEADMAN and GREEN LANTERN/GREEN ARROW, at odds with the more cartoony comics of the day, made him an immediate star. He became DC's premier cover artist, contributing radical and dynamic illustrations to virtually the company's entire line. Neal's work has also appeared in Marvel's X-Men, the Avengers and Thor, on paperback book covers, and on stage, as the art director for the Broadway science fiction play, Warp. In the 1970s, Neal and partner (and frequent inker) Dick Giordano started the art agency Continuity Associates out of which came, in the 1980s, Continuity Comics. Neal is the winner of several Alley, Shazam and Inkpot Awards, and was inducted into the Harvey Awards' Jack Kirby Hall of Fame in 1999.
- Author(s)Neil Adams
- PublisherDC Comics
- Date of Publication13/08/2013
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Superheroes
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDC Comics
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width170 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Neil Adams
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.