All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.39Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
About this product
- DescriptionIn the unforgiving countryside of eastern Afghanistan, Private First Class Tyson York is thrust into a situation with improbable odds of survival where he learns the difficult lessons of loss, unshakable loyalty and love. Tyson, who is deployed to an active theater of war for the first time, is initially appalled at the casual way that his fellow soldiers discuss the deaths of their enemies and he vows to retain his decency as a human being. But when he is injured and witnesses the true horrors of combat, unbelievable boredom between missions and experiences betrayal from the home front, he finds himself enthusiastically wishing for the destruction of his enemies. After he returns from the war, Tyson realizes that he's changed and seeks help to cope with his altered emotional state. Over time, and with the help of a beautiful young woman, he learns how to cope with his PTSD and overcome the adversity that he faces upon his return.
- Author BiographyA veteran of both the Iraq and Afghanistan war, Brian Parker was born and raised as an Army brat. He moved all over the country as a child before his father retired from the service and they settled in a small Missouri town where the family purchased a farm. It was on the farm that he learned the rewards of a hard day's work and enjoyed the escapism that books could provide. He's currently an Active Duty Army soldier who enjoys spending time with his family in Texas, hiking, obstacle course racing, writing and Texas Longhorns football. His wife is also an Active Duty soldier and the pairing brings its own unique set of circumstances that keep both of them on their toes. He's an unashamed Star Wars fan, but prefers to disregard the entire Episode I and II debacle. Brian self-published four books before signing a 4-book contract with Permuted Press. His novels Enduring Armageddon and GNASH were previously self-published and will be re-released by Permuted beginning in May 2015 along with two previously unpublished works, REND and SEVER. He is also the author of The Collective Protocol, a paranormal thriller that shows how far people will go to gain power; Zombie in the Basement is a children's picture book written to help children overcome the perceived stigma of being different than others; and his how-to guide Self-Publishing the Hard Way is for writers looking for pointers to self-publish their manuscript.
- Author(s)Brian Parker
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/11/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAurora Dewater
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.