All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionAuthor David C.W. Parker was granted exceptional access by both candidates over the 21 months preceding the election, allowing him to tell the story of the race in rare and fascinating detail, while also exploring the impact of Citizens United and so-called dark money on the campaign. The Montana setting offers readers a view into the rising political influence of the West, the importance of place in politics, and the impact of congressional styles and constituent relationships on campaigns and elections. Parker skilfully weaves political analysis into his narrative and places the race in the broader context of congressional elections and the research literature.
- Author BiographyDavid C.W. Parker is an associate professor of political science at Montana State University. He is the author of The Power of Money in Congressional Campaigns, 1880-2006 (University of Oklahoma Press), as well as articles on the consequences of divided government and how members of Congress build reputations with their constituents. His article, Making a Good Impression: Resource Allocations, Home Styles, and Washington Work, won the 2010 Alan Rosenthal Award from the American Political Science Association. His co-edited volume on archival research methodology was published last year. Prior to entering the academy, Dr. Parker worked as a field representative, communications director, and campaign manager for a presidential, mayoral, and two Senate campaigns. He also writes a blog for the Montana State University Department of Political Science entitled Big Sky Political Analysis.
- Author(s)David C. W. Parker
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.