All listings for this product
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $49.95Trending at AU $53.79
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.93
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $12.39
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $19.19Trending at AU $22.17
- AU $12.80Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe upland region extending over the border country of the German federal states of Bavaria, Hesse, and Thuringia is showcased here for its exceptional scenery: extensive forested areas alternating with dark high moors, clear rivers, and empty plateaus with impressive mountains such as the Kreuzberg, the holy mountain of the Franconians. Numerous inns in the region are illustrated, which invite passers-by to drop in for a snack or a meal. Exploring castles and fortresses, fortified churches surrounded by defensive walls, and beautiful villages of half-timbered buildings such as Ostheim, Bischofsheim, and Fladungen, this guide offers interesting destinations for those in search of culture. The famous spa towns of Bad Kissingen, Bad Bruckenau, and Bad Bocklet offer fascinating alternative approaches to health. Highlighting all the delightful facets of the Bavarian Rhon, this travel companion also covers the history of the spas, the medieval poets of the region, the Rhon Biosphere Reserve, the scenery of the Grabfeld region, the Kreuzberg Monastery, and the local people's love of their native soil, which finds its expression in numerous customs and festivals.
- Author BiographyMartin Siepmann is a freelance photographer and writer. His work has been featured in magazine articles, calendars, and numerous illustrated books on regional and international travel. Ernst-Otto Luthardt is a writer who specializes in illustrated travel guides on numerous destinations, including Franconia and Bavaria.
- Author(s)Ernst-Otto Luthardt
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleHorizon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1315 g
- Width246 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Photographer(s)Martin Siepmann
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.