Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.10
About this product
- DescriptionFrom cold war bunkers to Civil War sieges to Roman forts - Britain is littered with sites of military significance, many of which have never been studied. This book shows the amateur enthusiast how to unlock the drama of a battlefield in his or her own area. It explains how to read a military map and apply it to the ground, how to interpret the clues in the landscape and where to find the evidence. The authors take some case studies from further afield - from the Somme, Normandy and the Falklands. These ensure that the book is also an invaluable companion to anyone with an interest in bringing military history to life.
- Author BiographyJon Cooksey, who lives in Reading is the author of several books on military campaigns and their interpretation. Tim Lynch is a regular contributor to 'Battlefield Annual Review'; he lives in Tankersley, south Yorkshire.
- Author(s)Jon Cooksey,Tim Lynch
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication10/01/2007
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNPI Media Group
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight640 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.