All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile waiting for the bus, a man tells Baxter the pig about the joys of Shabbat dinner. But before Baxter can find out how he, too, can join in the fun, the man has boarded the bus. Soon after, Baxter learns that he certainly cant be a part of Shabbat dinner because he's t Kosher. So begins one pig's misguided quest to become Kosher. Will Baxter succeed or will his dreams of taking part in Shabbat dinner remain unfulfilled? Readers will cheer as a series of misunderstandings leads to a warm message of welcome and community.
- Author BiographyLAUREL SNYDER is the author of Any Which Wall, Up and Down the Scratchy Mountains, and Inside the Slidy Diner. In addition to her books for children, Laurel has written two books of poems and edited an anthology of nonfiction called Half/Life: Jew-ish tales from Interfaith Homes. She is a graduate of the Iowa Writers' Workshop and an occasional commentator for NPR's All Things Considered. Laurel lives in Decatur, Georgia. DAVID GOLDIN has written and/or illustrated a number of picture books including Go-Go-Go!, Twisted Crosswords, Lost Cat, and Science Fair Winners: Bug Science. David lives in Willow, New York.
- Author(s)Laurel Snyder
- PublisherTricycle Press
- Date of Publication24/08/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTricycle Press
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content NoteFull Colour Illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width222 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Goldin
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $29.93
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $71.95
- AU $23.83Trending at AU $25.81
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.55
- AU $45.85Trending at AU $53.94
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $36.08Trending at AU $41.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.