All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionFeaturing rare and historic photographs, this book takes a pictorial look at a lost world of Edwardian streets, shops, cinemas and canals in West London's Paddington. Today the area is part of the City of Westminster and is a centre for transport, with the famous Paddington railway station, designed by celebrated engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel, forming the terminus of the Great Western Railway. Comparison images from the present day show how times have changed, while a range of post-war scenes reveal Paddington as many will remember it. Grand Victorian townscapes and slummy byways are revealed in this entertaining and colourful compilation.
- Author BiographyBrian Girling, a keen London historian, was born in London in 1940 and has lived either in central or outer London all his life. After 30 years as a social and wedding photographer he is now a picture postcard dealer and has access to a large private archive of photographic images of London. Brian has published several previous titles on London's history for Amberley. He currently lives in Harrow.
- Author(s)Brian Girling
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note185
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.