All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.11
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.55
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $31.69
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $31.69
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.41
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.17
About this product
- DescriptionBe Brave is a book about hope, learning to trust and understanding. It encourages the reader to tell someone if they have been hurt (i.e. child abuse) or harassed, physically or psychologically. It is t a story, it is a journey individual readers take based on personal experiences. Every child, parent and juvenile carer should own a copy. This is indeed a very special book. Its a book that can help children to trust and to speak up when someone is hurting them. It communicates with the childreader at his/her own language level. Every single person on the planet has to be brave at least once in their life, matter who they are, how old they are, or how strong they are. Being brave is about having the courage to do the best thing, even when its hard and especially when youre scared to do it. This unique book should be in the hands of every child, every teacher, every medical professional, counsellor, etc. It has been three years in its creation and is delicately and powerfully illustrated, beautifully and gently worded and lets the child kw immediately that he or she is understood and there is need to be afraid anymore to talk with someone they trust.
- Author BiographyKaren is from Canberra, Australia and has a work history in retail and in the military as a logistics officer. Injured in a major car accident while on military duty, she was medically discharged for her injuries and subsequent illnesses. Karen was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) from the accident but there were even more complex emotional issues surrounding the extreme behaviours and psychological distress she was suffering. Intensive psychological therapy, over many years, helped her to finally disclose a history of child abuse 25 years prior. Writing for therapy lead to 'Be Brave' being developed and published.
- Author(s)Karen Rochester
- PublisherJoJo Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationVIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintJoJo Publishing
- Content Notecolour illus
- Weight356 g
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.