Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.82Trending at AU $29.69
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $23.67Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.14
- AU $46.95Trending at AU $53.52
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.04
- AU $36.33Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis title presents fun, empowering ways for 'tweens' to take charge of their health, eat well, get physical, and feel good about themselves. Tweens can learn effective, easy-to-use skills to take control of their fitness and diet and develop healthy self-esteem. Whether they are underweight, overweight, or just the right weight, this book shows kids how to take a positive, holistic approach to their health and be the boss of their own wellness. There are specific tips on eating, exercise, and self-esteem include planning meals and healthy on-the-go snacks, food journaling, building exercise into the day, and using affirmations. These are accompanied by complementary healthcare skills such as belly breathing, positive imagery, aromatherapy, acupressure, and yoga. Kids learn how their body, mind, and spirit are connected and work together to make a whole, healthy self. It is an exciting addition to the award-winning Be the Boss of Your Body series. The mind, body, spirit approach makes the book unique in the market. It provides specific advice on healthy food choices and exercise. It includes fitness and food advice for kids of all shapes and sizes. It promotes lifelong positive habits. It encourages 'tweens' to take an informed, pro-active approach to their own health and wellness needs and promotes confidence.
- Author BiographyRebecca Kajander, C.P.N.P., M.P.H., is a nurse practitioner who has helped hundreds of children take care of themselves using self-care skills. She was named Pediatric Nurse Practitioner of the Year in Minnesota. Timothy Culbert, M.D., is a behavioral and developmental pediatrician with training in biofeedback and holistic medicine. He provides mind-body skills training for children and teens. Dr. Culbert is the medical director for the Integrative Medicine Program at Children s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota.
- Author(s)Rebecca Kajander,Timothy Culbert
- PublisherFree Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleBe the Boss of Your Body
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFree Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date04/02/2013
- Content Notefull-colour illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Interest Age8 - 12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.