All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionBe Safe: Self Defense for Women in the Real World is a down-to-earth look at modern-day real world violence against women and what it takes to t be a victim. Written by United States Krav Maga Association chief instructor Mark Slane, this illustrated book will help any woman start to put together the tools to help keep herself safe in any situation.
- Author BiographyMark Slane, United States Krav Maga Association founder and chief instructor. In 1999 Mark was a member of the very first group of outside instructors ever trained at the Krav Maga National Training Center in Los Angeles. He then went on to open one of the first half dozen Krav Maga schools in the United States. To become a black belt in Krav Maga is difficult. Prior to 2007, instructors who wished to become black belts must have been personally invited to test in Los Angeles by Krav Maga Worldwide. Krav Maga Worldwide tested, on average, only four or five black belts each year. Mark became a black belt in November of 2003 and tested with the USKMA to Second Degree Black Belt in 2009 and to Third Degree in 2011. Mark Slane has studied the martial arts for over twenty five years. Mark started his training in Tae Kwon Do and holds a fourth degree black belt in that art. In Olympic style Tae Kwon Do he won a national championship in sparring in the light weight division - 33 to 40 year old age group. He has taught martial arts to hundreds of students in various schools over the past twenty years and has coached and trained dozens of national medalists, national champions, U.S. team members and even two World medalists. Mark has also trained in boxing for several years with Olympic Gold Medalist, Jerry Page and has spent years studying Muay Thai, BJJ, and Mixed Martial Arts as well. Mark started Ohio Krav Maga & Fitness in 2007 and it has grown to be one of the largest Krav Maga gyms in the nation with over 700 members. The gym has offered free self defense classes for women for several years and has helped hundreds of local women become safer. He now travels the nation teaching seminars at gyms and training Law Enforcement divisions on Krav Maga. Mark lives in South Carolina with his wife and three year old.
- Author(s)Mark Slane
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.