CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Beabea: Her Diary Her Life: Beatrice Millman Bazar: Her Diary from the Summer of 1931 and Highlights from the Rest of Her Life. (Color Edition) by Ronald M Bazar, Kaima Bazar (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionTraveling Through Europe: Summer 1931 16 Year Old BeaBea: Her Diary This amazing diary of Beatrice Millman, from the summer of 1931, with original letters, photos and postcards, is much more than than an exciting travelogue. It's a true story, an adventure, and a biography all in one. BeaBea is the true coming of age story of a young woman and her youthful and romantic adventures in Europe as she recorded it daily in her diary. It is followed by images and documents that represent a few of the memorable events and highlights of Beatrice's rewarding high level public life. Beatrice, affectionately kwn as BeaBea by her grandchildren, was born in Montreal on October 14th, 1914 in the early days of the Great War. She graduated top of her class from high school at age sixteen in 1931, and, as a reward, her wealthy bachelor Uncle Louis took her on a promised summer tour of Europe. Beatrice's diary is an inspiring travelogue that offers a fresh perspective of Europe between the world wars from the eyes of a bright, energetic and sophisticated young woman. They traveled first class by luxury liner to France and then from Paris by chauffeured limousine, staying at the very best hotels. They traveled at a dizzying pace on roads that were often unpaved and in poor condition, visiting the great cities and sites of France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, and England. Beatrice met every day with energy and enthusiasm. She vividly describes the sights, sounds and her favourite activities of eating, dancing and meeting new people (including the famous French movie star Maurice Chevalier). Beatrice's love of life emanates from the pages of her diary. Her commentary about the Great War and her related feelings hint at her later life's priorities and accomplishments. This diary is genuine, unedited and written from the heart. Beatrice Millman went on to live a life of accomplishment. She received the Order of Canada and The Queen's Silver Jubilee Medal amongst her many medals. She founded, co-founded and was on the Boards of many organizations. She was instrumental behind the scenes in working with Canadian John Humphrey in the early drafting of The Declaration of Human Rights for the United Nations and was a long time Director of The Canadian Human Rights Foundation. She was President of The United Nations Association of Canada, President and a Director of the Canadian Institute for International Affairs and helped set up The Foundation For Training In Third World Countries. BeaBea: Her Diary Her Life will bring you back in time and place to an era that is long past. You will be elated by the diary and saddened when it ends at the end of summer. You will be amazed at her life's accomplishments for she was a pioneer for women long before women's rights came of age. She just did it, quietly and successfully. Compiled by her son and author Ronald M Bazar and granddaughter Kaima Bazar.
- Author BiographyBeatrice Millman (Bazar) is the real author of BeaBea: Her Diary Her Life because it is her original unedited diary that forms the bulk of it. Her youngest son, Ronald M Bazar, and his youngest daughter, Kaima Bazar, put together the diary and the additions to the book that you see. But it is BeaBea's story, her coming of age into her amazing life. Ronald M Bazar has published children's books in the past and recently Healthy Prostate: The Extensive Guide To Prevent and Heal Prostate Problems The Prostate Health Diet Your Perfect Diet: How to Customize Your Diet for Weight Loss and Great Health Kaima Bazar is an art teacher in high school and mother to two daughters. Both live in British Columbia, Canada.
- Author(s)Kaima Bazar,Ronald M Bazar
- Date of Publication11/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.