All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGreer Hennessy needs palm trees. As a movie location scout, picture-perfect is the name of the game. But her last project literally went up in flames, and her career is on the verge of flaming out. Greer has been given one more chance, if she can find the perfect undiscovered beach hideaway for a big-budget movie. She zeroes in on a sleepy Florida panhandle town called Cypress Key. There's one motel, a marina, a long stretch of pristine beach and an old fishing pier with a community casi-which will be perfect for the film's explosive climax. There's just one problem. Eben Thibadeaux, the town mayor, completely objects to Greer's plan. A lifelong resident of Cypress Key, Eben wants the town to be revitalized, t commercialized. After a toxic paper plant closed, the bay has only recently been reborn, and Eb has intention of letting anybody screw with his town again. But Greer has a way of making things happen, regardless of obstacles. And Greer and Eb are way too attracted to each other for either of them to see reason. Between an ambitious director and his entourage-including a spoiled It Boy lead actor-who parachute into town, a conniving local ex-socialite, and a cast of local fangirls and opportunists who catch the movie bug, thing is going to be the same in Cypress Key. Now Greer is forced to make some hard choices: about the people and the town she's come to care about, and about her own life. True love is only for the movies, right? Can Greer find a way to be the heroine in her own life story? Told with inimitable heart and humor, Mary Kay Andrews' Beach Town is the perfect summer destination.
- Author BiographyMARY KAY ANDREWS is The New York Times bestselling author of Save the Date, Christmas Bliss, Ladies' Night, Spring Fever, Summer Rental, The Fixer Upper, Deep Dish, Blue Christmas, Savannah Breeze, Hissy Fit, Little Bitty Lies, and Savannah Blues. A former journalist for The Atlanta Journal Constitution, she lives in Atlanta, Georgia. Kathleen McInerney has narrated numerous audiobooks by bestselling authors such as Emily Giffin, Danielle Steel, Jeffrey Stepakoff, Mary Kay Andrews, and Linda Castillo. Her narration of Just One Day by Gayle Forman won an AudioFile Earphones Award. In reviewing Mary Kay Andrew's Ladies' Night, AudioFile magazine said, McInerney makes each of the characters distinct and recognizable and gives each the perfect voice, accent, and vocal mannerisms. Most enjoyable and well performed.
- Author(s)Mary Kay Andrews
- PublisherMacMillan Audio
- Date of Publication19/05/2015
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMacMillan Audio
- Weight318 g
- Width127 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Read byKathleen McInerney
- Contained items statement12 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time840
Save on Audio Books
- AU $16.32Trending at AU $20.57
- AU $13.67Trending at AU $18.04
- AU $89.47Trending at AU $97.51
- AU $30.20Trending at AU $37.61
- AU $27.59Trending at AU $32.43
- AU $21.05Trending at AU $28.91
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $51.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.