All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.28
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.57
- AU $28.50Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $27.86Trending at AU $29.04
About this product
- DescriptionRook Westfall likes working at Sennett Lakes Farm Museum - giving hayrides, milking cows, and mucking stalls - even if it does entail manure. But Dad grumbles that he should get a real job instead of escaping into a 19th Century fantasy, and Mum wants ather daughter-in-law to contribute to her collection of grandchildren. Jiminy! Can't a guy just live? Rook's tranquil world somersaults, however, when he runs afoul of the Saltkill Gang during a violent storm. Stacy Morgan, a Civil War reenactor, interrupts the gang's attack, when she stumbles onto the museum grounds. After rescuing Rook, she joins the museum's seasonal staff, but her private demons keep Rook at arm's length. A prickly friendship emerges between them as she reveals her tragic secrets, a trust the depths of which Rook can't fathom until she's gone. When Stacy leaves at season's end, neither she r Rook realizes that she takes with her a gift that will surprise them all. Set in a remote finger of the Adirondacks, with a winsome six-year-old, a reformed delinquent, and a wild nagenarian, Bead of Sand is a vel of discovery and fulfillment, in a place where the past too easily overshadows the present.
- Author(s)Sally M Chetwynd
- Date of Publication09/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.