Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionBeading doesn't get more elegant than this, with such gleaming gems as amethyst, quartz and lapis lazuli. Valerie MacCarthy - whose work graces the pages of high fashion magazines around the world - has created a magnificent collection of sophisticated, unique jewellery. The 30 projects include bracelets, earrings, necklaces and rings and they tend towards the playful and colourful. In addition, an entire section is dedicated to the different stones and their properties, including their spiritual and healing aspects. But what will really entice intermediate jewellers beaders and other general crafters are the pieces themselves: a balloon ring, festooned with seed pearls; chandelier earrings with sparkling, dangling stones; and a fireworks necklace of citrine, peridot and apatite. Introductory chapters present all the gems, tools and techniques used in the pieces.
- Author BiographyValerie MacCarthy has been making jewery since childhood but only recently rediscovered her love for creating colorful and organic earrings, necklaces and bracelets. Soon her creations were being worn on the runways of New York Fashion week and gracing the pages of high fashion magazines from here to Japan. In 2002 she officially established Valerie M Designs. An opera singer by trade, Valerie continues to fulfill the growing demands for her jewelry while appearing on renowned stages all over the world. When she's not globe-trotting, Valerie lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Valerie MacCarthy
- PublisherLark Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication07/07/2007
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationAsheville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLark Books,U.S.
- Out-of-print date03/01/2014
- Content Notefull colour photos throughout
- Weight739 g
- Width216 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.