Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $93.99Trending at AU $102.55
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.97
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.87
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $11.94
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.01
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.69
About this product
- DescriptionBear Song is the story of a small English Colony that history tells us mysteriously disappeared from Fort Raleigh on Roake Island in the late sixteenth century. In Bear Song the colonists have found refuge on the mainland with the Lake People. They learn survival skills from their hosts, and for a time the two cultures live in harmony. Virginia Dare, the first English child born in America, never knew any other life and fits happily into the village routine, but t without a few escapades. Elear, her mother, lives in fear of the wild animals and of their hosts. Gray Squirrel, kwn for her wisdom and healing skills, plays an important role in binding the two cultures. But the whole village is at risk of being wiped out when a small pox epidemic is brought to the village through an incent act of kindness. First the old and very young die. Gray Squirrel tries everything she kws to heal her people but thing works. Just as she loses all hope a bear comes to her in a dream. But does his healing message come in time to save the villagers?
- Author BiographyDonna Campbell Smith grew up just a few miles inland from North Carolina's Outer Banks. It is only natural she chose these barrier islands and the eastern region of North Carolina as the setting for her young adult novels, An Independent Spirit, Pale as the Moon, and now, Bear Song. Donna is a certified riding instructor with an AAS degree in equine technology. Her articles and stories have appeared in several print and online publications. Donna writes from her home in Franklin County, North Carolina. She is an active member of Franklin County Arts Council, and was named Franklin County Arts Council Artist of the Year in 2011.
- Author(s)Donna Campbell Smith
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.