Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.53
- AU $11.09Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.27
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.01
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.68
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $12.40
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first of two stories about Kathy, fully illustrated in color by the author. Kathy explains to us her true and deep understanding of something her mother does t kw; how the real world works. Kathy reasons out an explanation for the shenanigans going on at her house which is; mothers all over the neighborhood invite creatures into their homes, her mother being exception, and those creatures are responsible for removing most all of the frosting from Dad's big birthday cake, NOT KATHY.
- Author BiographyNancy is a highly educated, self -taught question asker who was born in Grand Island, Nebraska and by age four she'd discovered scribbling outside the lines was a lot of fun. At the kitchen table she made a determined commitment to someday also make scribbling LOOK GOOD. At age thirteen, living in Los Angeles, she began life drawing four to eight hours a week under the tutelage of two commercial artists. After high school she attended Long Beach State, almost flunked out, but returned several years later. On one and the same day, her art instructor highly suggested she stick to writing and her writing teacher said she'd better focus on art. 'But, ' Nancy wondered 'what would happen if I didn't quit?' She moved to Portland, Oregon where she graduated from Lewis and Clark College and where she lives today. More importantly, where her scribbles in Crayola Crayons are pulchritudinous pieces of sublime energy and her stories, created to be read out loud, are crafted in words that rattle teeth, caress tongues and feel good in the mouth. The tales themselves create new thoughts and possibilities while the story lines reveal added depth at every reading. For the listener, Nancy stimulates the, why did they do that? thoughts, a love of words. A world where we are introduced to new and Nan-created words and where children are cherished members of a family of unique grown-ups and downs. Work and play are the same.
- Author(s)Nancy Mauerman
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication30/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Edited byJohn Mauerman
- Illustrator(s)Nancy Mauerman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.