Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
About this product
- DescriptionMotown native and baby boomer Dave Armstrong (born in 1958) provides a goldmine of information in this homage to classic rock, with massive, fact-filled discographies of songs by Motown artists, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Detroit Rock (1965-1975), Buddy Holly, Sam Cooke, and Van Morrison: including data concerning stereo and mo versions, recording dates, producers, songwriters, Billboard chart positions, best-sounding recordings, and many other facts. Also contains chapters on the topics of rockabilly, a blues and country musical pilgrimage to the South, recent landmark albums by Paul McCartney and Brian Wilson, selected Beatles mo recordings (deemed as superior to their stereo counterparts), a review of Beatles imitation groups, Bob Seger, classic rock artists 60 years or older, and favorite singles and albums from the classic rock era. A distinctly stalgic tone is evident throughout. Any fan of classic rock (especially residents of Michigan and Detroiters) will love the musical reflections.
- Author(s)Dave Armstrong
- Date of Publication12/05/2012
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.