All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeatles For Sale is a brand new way of looking at a story you may think you kw inside out. Author John Blaney shows for the first time how the group and their inner circle invented so much of what we w recognise as the modern business of making and selling rock music. This was certainly t because Lenn, McCartney, Epstein, and the rest had a clear vision of the way things ought to be. Very often it was simply down to making things up as they went along - because one had been there before and one knew how to do these things. This book details the ups and downs of the group as they promoted, advertised, and sold records, played concerts, sold merchandise, made films, and set up publishing and record companies of their own. It is a story of naivety and greed, inexperience and luck, gullibility and ingenuity. It is the story of every aspect of how The Beatles made money - and how virtually every group since then has followed in their footsteps.
- Author BiographyJohn Blaney is the author of Jawbone's Lennon And McCartney - Together Alone: A Critical Discography Of Their Solo Work. He is a passionate Beatles fan who brings to his writing the expertise and rigour of a professional historian.
- Author(s)John Blaney
- PublisherOutline Press Ltd
- Date of Publication14/05/2008
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date22/03/2011
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight694 g
- Width150 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.