All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionModern and unfussy, Mark D. Sikes's interiors are classic takes on California indoor/outdoor living, with natural fibers and crisp coloration, informed and influenced by the fashion world where he began his career. In eight chapters, he explores approachable, stylish looks, from Blue and White Forever, which features indigos, stripes, batiks, and wicker in casual rooms such as porches and pool houses; to Time- less Neutrals, presenting semiformal rooms filled with chiiserie, gilt, glass, mirrors, banquettes, and French chairs; to Garden Greens, featuring happy, casual family rooms and kitchens inspired by the garden with treillage woodwork, rattan, and cotton. There are also Beautiful Brights, colorful rooms that are eclectic, layered, and fun, with chintz, florals, and Middle Eastern influences; and Sun Faded Hues, rustic coastal rooms with weathered fabrics and furniture. Each chapter presents light-filled images of the designer's looks and offers the reader inspiration and advice. As famed film director Nancy Meyers writes in the book's foreword, this is a book that shows design lovers how classic can look fresh, how style and comfort go hand-in-hand.
- Author BiographyMark D. Sikes began his career in visual merchandising at Banana Republic/GAP. After two successful decades, he launched his interior design business and immediately attracted national publicity in publications from Veranda to Architectural Digest. His lifestyle blog-Chic People, Glamorous Places, Stylish Things- has become an inspiration and resource for design lovers all over the world. Nancy Meyers is the director and screenwriter for several Hollywood blockbusters, including Something's Gotta Give, The Holiday, and It's Complicated.
- Author(s)Mark D. Sikes
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication05/09/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note230 colour photographs
- Weight1406 g
- Width209 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Foreword byNancy Meyers
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.