All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you've ever thought that mathematics and art don't mix, this stunning visual history of geometry will change your mind. As much a work of art as a book about mathematics, Beautiful Geometry presents more than sixty exquisite color plates illustrating a wide range of geometric patterns and theorems, accompanied by brief accounts of the fascinating history and people behind each. With artwork by Swiss artist Eugen Jost and text by math historian Eli Maor, this unique celebration of geometry covers numerous subjects, from straightedge-and-compass constructions to intriguing configurations involving infinity. The result is a delightful and informative illustrated tour through the 2,500-year-old history of one of the most important branches of mathematics.
- Author BiographyEli Maor is the author of To Infinity and Beyond, e: The Story of a Number, Trigonometric Delights, Venus in Transit, and The Pythagorean Theorem: A 4,000-Year History (all Princeton) and has taught the history of mathematics at Loyola University Chicago. Eugen Jost is a well-known Swiss artist whose work is strongly influenced by mathematics.
- PrizesCommended for PROSE Awards: Popular Science & Popular Mathematics 2015.
- Author(s)Eli Maor,Eugen Jost
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication14/01/2014
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note66 color illus. 64 line illus.
- Weight885 g
- Width229 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $43.60Trending at AU $86.60
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.