All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionMathematical ideas have an aesthetic appeal that can be appreciated by anyone who has the time and dedication to investigate. Mathematical topics are presented in the categories of words, images, formulas, theorems, proofs, solutions and unsolved problems. Readers will discover exciting mathematics topics from complex numbers to arithmetic progressions, from Alcuin's sequence to the zeta function, and from hypercubes to infinity squared. Who should read this book? There is something new for any mathematically minded person. High school and college students will find motivation for their mathematical studies. Professional mathematicians will find fresh examples of mathematical beauty to pass along to others. Within each chapter, the topics require progressively more prerequisite kwledge. An appendix gives background definitions and theorems, while ather gives challenging exercises (with solutions).
- Author BiographyMartin Erickson is a professor of mathematics at Truman State University.
- Author(s)Martin Erickson
- PublisherMathematical Association of America
- Date of Publication22/12/2011
- Series TitleSpectrum
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMathematical Association of America
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.