All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn epic chronicle of the refugee experience, Beautiful Words weaves together three very different stories of survival, told through the eyes of three children in different times and places. The outcome is heart-rending, humorous, and surprising by turns. From the horrors of Auschwitz Concentration Camp in the final days of World War II, to Taliban-ruled Kabul, to present day Australia, this enthralling play presents a rich tapestry of human experience, overlapping lives, and the bonds that unite generations. Over three hours, with some 20 characters, Beautiful Words tells an engaging story with poignant comedy and unashamed feeling. (3 acts, 6 male, 3 female).
- Author BiographySean Riley is one South Australia's leading playwrights and over the past few years has written plays for a number of South Australian companies including The Sad Ballad of Penny Dreadful, presented by Windmill Performing Arts in January 2006, My Sister Violet for Urban Myth Theatre of Youth in 2005, The Last Acre (2003) and The Time of Ashes (2001). His latest play The Angel & the Red Priest will be performed as part of the 2008 Adelaide Festival of Arts.
- Author(s)Sean Riley
- PublisherCurrency Press Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationPaddington
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintCurrency Press Pty Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight138 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.