Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.17
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1962, the eminent statesman Dean Acheson enunciated a principle that has dominated global politics ever since: that legal issue arises when the United States responds to a challenge to its 'power, position, and prestige'. In short, whatever the world may think, US actions are legitimate because they say so. Spanning the impact of Edward Swden's whistleblowing and Palestinian-Israeli relations to deeper reflections on political philosophy and the importance of a commons to democracy, Because We Say So takes American imperialism head on.
- Author BiographyNoam Chomsky was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in 1928. He is the bestselling author of over 100 influential political books, including Hegemony or Survival, Imperial Ambitions, Failed States, Interventions, What We Say Goes, Hopes and Prospects, Making the Future, On Anarchism and Masters of Mankind. He has also been the subject of numerous books of biography and interviews and has collaborated with journalists on books such as Perilous Power, Gaza in Crisis, and On Palestine. Noam Chomsky is Professor Emeritus at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and his forthcoming Who Rules the World will be published by Hamish Hamilton in May 2016.
- Author(s)Noam Chomsky
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintHamish Hamilton Ltd
- Weight134 g
- Width129 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.