Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.45Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionBecca has been a frequent guest at her grandmother s rustic cabin in the Gulf Islands, but previously always with her parents. This year is different. With Mom expecting a baby, Becca must make the visit alone. This time the island and even her grandmother seem unfamiliar and a little scary. Besides, it s February and the island, so festive in summer, is cold and almost deserted. The visit brings out all of Becca s insecurities. . .until she finds an oyster full of pearls, marking the start of small but significant adventures that leave her seeing the island, and herself, through new eyes. As the months pass and her mom s pregnancy progresses, Becca returns to the island several times, each time gaining confidence as she experiences fascinating new adventures including watching the annual herring run in a sinking dinghy, scaling a cliff, and even going skinny-dipping. Warmer weather brings a host of relatives, and Becca w faces new challenges from bossy cousins to a first-time sailboat trip to careless adults who almost burn down the cabin. An endearing central character, a sure sense of place, and a richly inventive narrative make Deirdre Baker s debut vel in the young adult genre a memorable one.
- Author(s)Dierdre Baker
- PublisherGroundwood Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintGroundwood Books
- Weight259 g
- Width162 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.